It’s the most wonderful time of the year…for a wedding! Lights are sparkling and joy is in the air. If you are planning your wedding this time of year, we’ve offered up some tips to add holiday cheer into your big day. After all, it is more than JUST wedding season.
1. Include silver, white or crystal accents in your wedding color palette- white is a classic color for any wedding. The silver and crystal accents create a whimsical, winter wonderland. You can incorporate these elements through your glass (mercury is our fave) votives, wedding stationary, bridal accessories, linen and more. Get creative!
2. Use miniature sleighs or snowflakes for the escort cards – this might be one of our favorite ideas because these are just TOO CUTE! Oh what fun it will be for your guests to find their seat assignment in “Santa’s One Horse Open Sleigh.” These will make for great keepsakes for your guests as well.
3. Surprise guests with roasted chestnuts as a wedding favor – we are singing “Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire” as we type! Roasted chestnuts are a savory treat to send home with your guests that will put them in the holiday spirit. Make these even more special by personalizing each favor in tiny tins that are embroidered with your guests’ names or your wedding date.
4. Add holly into the bridal bouquet and boutonnieres – don’t worry about decking the halls for your wedding, simply add some Christmas foliage into your bridal bouquets, boutonnieres and centerpieces. We bet this will have your guests singing ‘fa la la la la’ all night long! You can thank us later.
5. Make red one of your central colors – everyone knows that red and green epitomize the holiday season, so adding a pop of red throughout your wedding is a fun way to get in the holiday spirit. Mix in some red flowers in your bouquets and centerpieces. Wear sassy red shoes under your dress. Give the guys red pocket squares for their suits. Or adorn the reception tables with red napkins to keep red a central color without overwhelming your guests.
6. Hint at your theme with the invitations, by adding snowflakes or red and green calligraphy – give your guests a sneak peek into what they can expect for your wedding, but don’t give too much away! You want your guests to be surprised when they arrive for the ceremony and reception.
7. Dress up your wedding cake like it’s headed to a holiday party! – We suggest using red cake floral and greenery to incorporate the holidays. If you want to go a step further, snowflake detail on each layer will make your cake stand out in the jolliest of ways. We also think fresh raspberries would also be a subtle and delicious addition to your spirited wedding cake.
We don’t know about you, but just writing this blog has put us in the holiday spirit. ‘Tis the season for weddings and cheer!
Happy Holidays! xoxo